GENerate: Calling All Art Students
Following the fantastic success of our GENerate Student Art Exhibition earlier this year, we are excited to celebrate the abundance of young artistic talent in 2024, giving students from Newbury and the surrounding area the opportunity to showcase their work in our Gallery and Runway Gallery.
GENerate 2024 will take place form Friday 12 January – Sunday 28 January 2024. We want to hear from Secondary Schools, Sixth Forms and Colleges who would like to take part in the exhibition and have work on display.
We recognise the art of tomorrow is in the hands of young artists who are producing incredible work in schools and colleges across the county. We would like to celebrate this young talent in our area and provide an opportunity for students to gain experience exhibiting their work in an established gallery.
- Secondary schools, sixth form and colleges within a 30-mile radius from The Base may apply to exhibit their student’s artwork. Students must be in full time education.
What will be considered:
- 2D and 3D artwork
- 2D work must be able to hang using our hanging system: Work needs to be fitted with D rings and rope.
- Work must be ready for installation and delivered to The Base at the following times: Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 December 2023 OR Wednesday 3 January - Friday 5 January 2024 by prior arrangement.
- We are not able to collect work or cover delivery costs.
What will be accepted:
- Schools can submit up to 10 artworks. Submissions will be subject to a selection process. All works will be for display only and not for sale.
For more information about the exhibition and to apply, please see the application form above. Please email a completed form and images (JPEGs) of artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 5 November 2023.